Yellow corn, cheesy bacon muffins for Daffodil Day
Daffodil Day is on Friday August 26th and if you are hosting a Daffodil Day event to raise money for the Cancer Council you’re going to want to make some delicious yellow food to match the yellow outfit you will be wearing on the day.
There is a myriad of yellow food you could make such as yellow jelly cups, yellow coloured cup cakes, yellow banana muffins and yellow corn quiche but this is a simple tasty recipe for Yellow corn, cheesy bacon muffins.
A classic combination of flavours that your family, friends and kids will love! Just an added bonus that they are daffodil yellow!
- 125 g Corn kernels, drained
- 125 g Shortcut bacon, diced
- 250 g grated Tasty cheddar cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1 3/4 cups Self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups of Milk
- 60 g Butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3 Spring onions (optional)
Recipe makes approximately 15 muffins.
1. Pre-heat oven to 200oC. Grease a muffin tray.
2. Fry the bacon in a pan until they are a bit crispy
3. Put the grated cheese in a bowl and add sifted flour. Stir to combine.
4. Add the milk, egg and melted butter to a jug and whisk well until combined.
5. Add the fried bacon, spring onions (optional) and corn to the flour mixture and stir through. Then add the milk mixture and stir quickly until combined.
6. Place the mixture in the greased muffin trays. I added just enough to be at the top of the tray which was a heaped tablespoon. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until a beautiful golden yellow colour.
7. Pull them out of the oven and leave to cool for 2 minutes.
8. Pop them on a plate and enjoy! Kids will love these in their lunch boxes!
So this Daffodil day wear your yellow colours with pride and remember that you can donate through Coles online as well as purchase a wide range of Daffodil day merchandise and flowers. Just search “Daffodil Day” at Coles online
What is your favourite yellow coloured food?